Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Newspaper article about me and my life with Lyme Disease

I printed two letter to two local papers and sent them. The next day (yesterday) I received a call from the larger paper stating that they wanted to do a story immediately to have in the paper on Sunday!

I'm trying to gather as much factual information about this disease as possible. I'm a quiet person, and while I don't want my 'business' everywhere, I know how much I have personally gained from other people's stories in newspapers and TV, ect about Lyme.

I hope this can help at least one person get an accurrate diagnosis. I wish I had read something about how poor the Lyme tests are and all of the possible symptoms and misdiagnosis' of Lyme years ago.

This story MAY be able to help someone to prevent a lifetime of suffering and from passing this disease on to their children!

It is Wed, April 29 and they are coming tomorrow morning. I'm nervous and afraid I will be as bad mind wise as I have been, I hope I'm not too 'out of it' tomorrow and I'm not on any pain meds or anything, it's purely the Lyme and co!

I will update this tomorrow after they come!

Well, now it's Fri, May 1 and the interview went pretty well, lasted 1 hour 15 mins, reporter was great.

I kept forgetting what I was saying, this has been happening a lot lately. I've also been getting tremor like things as well. My head bobs around sometimes, my hands jerk. It's kind of scary, wondering how bad I will get.

Anyhow, she called and said the article will run on Monday, May 4 and will be on the front page of the Lifestyle section. I'm anxious to see it, I hope that it is informative and maybe someone else will see themself in me and seek help from an LLMD.

Good news, I called today and we were able to get Elijah in to see an LLMD in Wisconsin this Monday!!! So we are leaving for WI early Sunday morning.

My brother just saw this same LLMD in WI yesterday and was very happy with him. It would be great if Elijah, my brother and I could all be getting better soon. Though I know I will take the longest because I have been sick for so long now.

One question the interviewer asked was if I am ever angry that I have been sick for so much of my life. I honestly said sometimes, but that it's Elijah possibly being ill that really makes me feel awful.

I haven't really thought a ton about how hard and sad my life has been. I started realizing it I guess at my class reunion. Everyone went to college and had the 'normal' college life, fun years of dating, weddings, ect. I had none of those. Funny thing was when James and I went to the courthouse to get married, I was a little sad, but NOTHING compared to what I'd been through. We never had a wedding b/c all my life my mom said it was stupid when someone has a kid togetyher and then gets married with the whole white dress and everything.

So I didn't. Course later I heard our fantastic pastor talk about how that doesn't matter, because Jesus took everyone's sin away. I remember when I got pregnant, my life was out of control. I felt weird all the time, was convinced God hated me and that is why I felt so awful all the time. I didn't think I would live through the pregnancy. Just felt like death. But I was with James because I knew/felt like he loved me and didn't feel like anyone else cared one ounce about me. He still loves me unconditionally and I know he would move mountains for me if he could.

Lyme just takes so much: your mind, your body, your joy and it even tries to take your soul.

I don't know that everyone who has Lyme suffers to the same degree as I have, it's been an intense journey and even now I am sometimes afraid of fighting for my life. Afraid it will try to take me in the end...maybe if I am passive, I can at least live to see my children grow up.

The past several weeks with the new symptoms of numbness, jerkiness, parkinson's like movements at times and severe memory/difficulty with word recall, I'm not sure my life will be spared if I don't start fighting with everything I've got.

I just feel so weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment