Thursday, March 19, 2009

3/19/09 I started treatment today!!

Well, after waiting over the weekend to start treatment (we had plans to go somewhere that involved walking outside last Saturday), I waited as it was sunny in OH this week and then I wussed out.

I have a fear of medications, side effects, life threatening reactions, you name it. I have never regularly taken medication in my life. My husband on the other hand isn't afraid to try anything, but he has been a type one diabetic for nearly 19 years, and has taken insulin every day since.

It hasn't been even a half hour since I took it, so I'm still shaking (physically). In a few hours I will be fine. I am proud that I did it, I started worrying that I would have to go to counseling for this medication fear.

We are hoping our son's Igenex will come back next week, if not it will be the week after. I'm very interested to see what it says. Nervous too. It would surely explain some of his behavior/fatigue, but at the same time, I would never want him to have this. I already feel so guilty knowing I may have passed this to my precious babies. Of course I didn't know I had it, but still.

Well, I will update later when I'm feeling a little better and I haven't reacted to the med for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment