Monday, March 16, 2009

Monday, March 16. 2009

Well, I had my long awaited appointment last Thursday, Hurray!!!

I was prescribed Doxycycline 300 mg/day. I was planning to start it today, but chickened out. I started worrying that the exercised induced asthma I had in high school may have been caused by the Doxy I was on in high school for mild acne.

I just spoke with my mom and she said she is sure that I took 1 or 2 bottles total, so I am sure now that it was not causing it, since the asthma lasted for at least 8 months.

I just watch Under Our Skin again and I am ready to take it now. To think I could be feeling better soon...wow!

I've had a low grade fever for the past 4 days. 99.4 today. I used to have a lot of low grade fevers over the years, on three occassions, I didn't even realize. Twice I was at the doc's for a routine physical and was asked if I felt OK. I said yes and was told that I had a fever.

So I wonder if I often do have one and just don't realize it.

I guess too, I am really scared about having some type of psych herx, read about a woman who started beating her kids due to a psych herx! That is really scary!!!

I don't think that would happen, I hope the worst that happens is I will be achy and flu-like. Just no tachycarda/anxiety/depression. anything else I can handle!

I am cutting my hair for Locks For Love when I start treatment. It's long and usually I am to tired to deal with it, so it will be a new beginning for me!

Oh, I am also having itchiness behind both knees again. Was a little itchy on my chest today, another reason I didn't want to take the abx, if the rash got worse I wouldn't know if it was a drug reaction or not. So if it's still there tomorrow, I think it's safe to assume that if it gets worse it is probably the meds then.

Well, I need to get going....

3 comments:

  1. I hope you start feeling well really soon!! Who are you seeing now??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shandy,

    Thanks! I'm seeing Dr. J in Hermitage, PA.

    How've you been?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you through Lymenet. I have an appointment with a Dr. J in Hermitage PA on the 28th. What did you think of him? I am anxious to get there!

    ReplyDelete